The First Week: Meeting New People and Making Hard Choices

I knew Longwood was meant for me when I came to campus on a school field trip last winter.

The tour guide was so friendly, and I realized how beautiful Longwood was. I live very close to the campus so at one point I was hesitant about coming to Longwood. I thought I wouldn’t get a new experience. However, when I stepped on campus it didn’t even feel like I was close to home.

One thing I really like about Longwood is that it’s not too big but not too small. Another thing I worried about was not finding friends and fitting in, but I think I have found some lifelong friends already. Honestly, college is about meeting new people and growing out of your shell a little.

My favorite thing to do around Longwood would probably be going to the D-Hall with my friends for dinner. My favorite food in the dining hall would have to be the ramen.

My favorite class was wind symphony because I love playing my clarinet. Even though I love band, I decided to drop the class so that I could focus on my core classes.

Also if you are not a morning person, do not sign up for 8 am classes.

I’ve been at Longwood for a week, and I’ve met so many different but cool people. I really love Longwood.

Comments