Life Savers and Pep Band Players

It has been a while since I wrote a blog post, which goes to show how busy college has made me.

Balancing school and other activities and prioritizing everything was a difficult transition. I’ve been trying to use my resources. For example, I go to the QR Center for math tutoring. They really are life savers.

Although college gets tough, I have great friends to lean on. I recently joined the pep band, which plays at basketball games. I really enjoy doing it. The games are fun, and it gvies me something to look forward to.

Longwood’s pep band revs up the crowd at basketball games.

There are a couple of weeks left until Christmas break, and I honestly can’t wait.

Comments

Yannick is one of those people who dreams big. She’s already thinking about moving to New York City and starting a YouTube channel—not necessarily in that order.

She’s a music lover, and she definitely didn’t leave home without her clarinet when she headed to Longwood. It has a special place in her residence hall room as well as in her heart. It’s no surprise that one of her favorite classes at Nottoway High school was band. During the fall semester of her senior year, she was out there on the football field Friday nights with the rest of the group. She also enjoyed U.S. history.

Yannick is a special education major and hopes to work with elementary-level special needs children when she graduates.