My Life As A Freshman: A Look Back

As I write this, a million different memories are flowing through my head.

I remember like it was yesterday getting my room set up and saying goodbye to my parents with tear-filled eyes as they left me in my dorm room. Slowly Longwood became my second home.

I am so blessed to have met so many cool people. The friendships and relationships I have made here are awesome. As I got more involved in campus organizations, I felt more at home. I am so thankful for all the opportunities and memories this great little place has given me.

As freshman year is done in 10 days, I am not ready to leave all my friends that I have made here. I know it sounds so cliché, but time flies when you are having fun. It has been such a great first-year experience, and I can’t picture myself being anywhere else but Longwood.

I am so happy here. I am having fun, making great friendships, working hard and—most of all— learning, learning a lot. I am so happy I chose Longwood.

I couldn’t have done it without the support of my amazing parents, family, friends, my awesome professors, the Writing Center and tutoring. The resources here are endless.

One thing that stands out to me the most about this freshman year is taking risks. My advice for next year’s freshmen? Go for it. It  just might change your life for the better. 🙂 College is hard, but it’s also really fun if you’ll let it be.

Experiencing Longwood’s special traditions really made me appreciate this school even more. As a freshman, it’s a great feeling to see the amazing spirit and excitement for these special events firsthand: the Honor and Integrity Ceremony, CHI walks, First Friday Back, The G.A.M.E., Color Wars, Oktoberfest, the holiday tree lighting, Spring Weekend, pig roast and the CHI burning. These traditions are really what makes Longwood such a special and unique school.

Members of CHI are revealed each year at the CHI burning. CHI, one of Longwood’s secret societies, works to spread the spirit of Longwood throughout campus.

Comments