Getting Oriented

Coming in I was very nervous and confused about a lot of things, but everyone was super helpful and nice.

The day started off with chifilia minis, fun raffles and pretty much a huge pep rally. The top peer mentor spoke first. It was calming to find out he had struggled immensely at first but is now helping upcoming Lancers know everything will be OK and that just because some of us make mistakes it’s how we grow from them that matters. The housing department then gave this hilarious presentation and rules and regulations on living on campus.

We were then split up in groups by our majors and headed to our corresponding buildings. The education meeting was very informative: They handed out information on the Praxis and even gave out different pamphlets on the different majors describing the classes required.

We then went to the computer lab to take the language placement test. Don’t freak out like I did because I didn’t take a language in high school. The test proctor was very nice and even set me up to take American Sign Language.

Then we met up with our parents and had lunch. The new students were able to use their new Lancer ID cards, which made it official. Lunch was amazing, and the peer mentors sat with the families to answer all the questions we had.

Mrs. Mitchell in financial aid was very nice. She answered my hundreds of questions and didn’t even bat an eye. My mother, who has bad knees and can barely walk, requested a golf cart, and everyone involved bent over backwards for her.

Everyone was so nice, gracious and helpful it makes me excited to become a Lancer!

Comments